Monday, January 11, 2010

Plans for 2010

This year has got off to a great start, the Reeks and the Mournes failed to disappoint. I now find myself thinking ahead to the rest of the year and what I'd like to achieve. I have some plans already in place, the completion of the Santiago de Camino is probably priority, I hate leaving things unfinished, especially a walk.

I have signed up for some charity events too, including a cycle ride from Lands end to John O'Groats this summer. I have a charity walk planned for this year too in Ireland but i cant reveal the details as yet because it may not have been done before, at least I cant find any evidence to the contrary so far.

Charity aside though, I have set myself a target of climbing 50 new mountains this year in Ireland. I set myself this target after looking through the Irish challenge walk diary. Theres a lot of uncharted territory in there, I'm particularly looking forward to exploring some more of Connemara and Mayo hills and mountains, the few times I've traveled through that area, my eyes have been out on stalks at the beauty of the place.

Donegal is another place I need to see more of, a visit to Slieve League is all I have to speak of so far but the likes of Errigal and Muckish have as yet eluded me.

We'll see what comes of the target, who knows, I may need to revise my target and up it to 100!! Wishful thinking...

1 comment:

  1. A little birdy (sorry Martin, that's the last time I'll refer to you as that) has given you a little shout out ;-)

    Hello! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Please do...